Monday, May 4, 2009

JOUR 420

What have I learned in News-Editing?

Honestly... I'm not sure I've learned anything new, but rather I've learned why I do things the way I do them.

As per the discussion today in J420 lecture, I think the class should be restructed, and Jean presented what I thought was a pretty solid structure.

Like I said... I'm not sure I learned anything new, but if this were a 200-level class that I took my sophomore year, I would have. And the things I do as a journalist would have made a lot more sense to me if I knew early why I was doing them. Then maybe I could have focused more on my writing and reporting if I knew what I was doing, rather than just blindly doing it.

That last paragraph was a little convoluted and maybe needed some editing itself, but the moral of the story is that I think restructuring the course is a fantastic idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment